Australian Employer Nomination Visa Scheme – Subclass 186 Visa
- The Subclass 186 visa under Australian Employer Nomination Scheme is a permanent residency visa for skilled workers, who want to work in Australia.
- The applicants can be in or outside Australia when they apply.
- If they are in Australia, they must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
This visa process involves two steps:
- Nomination application by an approved Australian employer and
- Visa application under the nominated stream.
There are three separate streams for the Subclass 186 visa.
- Temporary Residence Transition stream: This stream is for subclass 457 visa holders, who have worked for two years in the same occupation with their nominating employer. The applicant should have been nominated by their employer under this Temporary Residence Transition stream.
- Direct Entry stream: This stream is for applicants, who have never worked in Australia or only briefly worked in Australia. The applicant should have been nominated by their employer under this direct entry stream.
- Agreement stream: This stream is for applicants, who have been sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.
Australian Employer Nomination Visa: Subclass 186
The Australian employer can nominate a skilled worker for this visa in one of the three streams if they meet the requirements of that stream.
The business should:
- Be actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
- offer a skilled position in the applicant’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years
- pay a market salary rate, and
- comply with Australian immigration laws and workplace relations laws.
There should be no adverse information known about the business or any person associated with the business.
Nomination under Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream
To nominate your employee under Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream:
- Your employee must have worked for at least two years on a 457 visa as a primary visa holder before the nomination is made. The employee should have worked in the nominated position in your business.
- The nomination must identify an occupation that is listed on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) and has the same four-digit ANZSCO occupation unit group code as the occupation being carried out by the employee.
- The nominated position must be full time, ongoing and available for at least two years.
- Your business must have met the subclass 457 visa training requirements in each year the business have been a standard business sponsor.
- Your business must not be an approved overseas standard business sponsor under the subclass 457 visa programme.
Nomination under Direct Entry stream
- The business can nominate an applicant to fill a position that is:
- an occupation on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List
- full time, ongoing and available for at least two years.
Australian Employer Nomination Visa | Subclass 187 Visa | RSMS
For skilled people seeking to work in Australia after being sponsored by an Australian or overseas employer.
If the employer is located in a regional area, you can apply for RSMS visa.
The RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration scheme) – Subclass 187 visa is a permanent visa for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who currently live and work in Australia.
To apply for this visa, you will need to:
- be less than 50 years of age
- be nominated by an approved employer in their business in regional Australia
- meet the skills and qualifications requirements, and
- meet English language requirements.
There are some exemptions relating to age, skills and English language ability.
The skills, qualifications and language requirements depend on the stream that you will be applying.
Temporary Residence Transition stream
This stream is available only to people who hold a subclass 457 visa.
Your do not need to assess your skills as you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia.
You must have vocational English (A score of 5 in each section of IELTS)
Direct Entry stream
To apply through this stream, you should have qualification and skills relevant to your nominated occupation.
You will need to assess your skills by relevant assessing authority if you are nominating a trade occupation and you have obtained your qualifications outside Australia
You must have competent English (A score of 6 in each section of IELTS)