Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use an Australian registered Migration Agent?
There is no need to use a migration agent to lodge your Australian visa application. However, if you choose to use an agent, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection recommend that you use a registered migration agent.
As a registered migration agent, we are bound by the strict code of conduct by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Considering the high cost involved with the visa application fees and the complexity of the visa process, it is advisable that you use a good, reliable, registered migration agent for getting professional help. Please consider the amount that you spend on Australian PR as an investment for your future rather than as expense.
Where can I find an Australian registered migration agent?
All migration agents who operate in Australia must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). You can find one and check their registration by using the search page at the Office of the MARA’s website.
What are the charges for subclass 189 visa?
- When you make the subclass 189 visa application, the visa application fees that you will pay to the Department of Home Affairs (www.homeaffairs.gov.au) will be: For the primary applicant A$4045 + A$2025 for secondary applicant (Spouse) + A$1015 for each child, if applicable.
- Please note that this fee is non-refundable if the visa is granted or refused. The Department usually increases this fee every July. So, there would be some increase to this fee if you apply next year after 30 June 2020. The Department also collects credit card surcharge (~1.32% for VISA and Master card) for the visa application fees!
How long will it take to process my visa application?
It depends on the type of visa application and the country in which you will need to apply for the visa. There are around 100 visa sub-classes and hence, it will be difficult to give the timeline for each visa subclass. The Department has published its service standards in its website.
Why do you charge initial assessment fees?
Free Advice Is Usually Worth What You Pay For It!
- We do receive thousands of requests per year for information about Australian visa, eligibility and strategies for Australian visa. For example, if we receive 10 enquiries per day, it would be 365 days x 10 = 3650 enquiries per year. Unfortunately, from our previous experience, we know that most of the enquiries are for collecting free information or for getting free advice from us.
- Once we assess and provide an answer, the candidates normally ask for more information. As a result, a lot of our time has been dedicated to writing emails and assessing candidates’ eligibility.
- For example, if we answer six emails per day spending 30 minutes on each case:
- For 365 days, it comes to 1095 hours per year
- = More than 136 working days (with 8 hours work per day)
- = More than 6 months of work per year (considering 5 work days per week).
- Our consultant cannot spend six months per year providing free advice as he also works as the director of a research company. The issue is that we do receive many emails/enquiries per day and we need to find a way to ‘select’ candidates, who are genuinely interested in Australian migration and who would most likely use our services to pursue their migration plan.
Why do you short-list the applicants?
Please note that we do short-list the candidates and only short-listed candidates will be contacted after receiving your email. We focus on quality of candidates and not quantity. As we received 1000s of emails per year, we will need to select the candidates that we would like to work with based on several considerations. We apologise if we cannot accept you as our client.
How are you different to other Australian registered migration agents?
We are not different to other registered migration agents. Like in any profession, there are expert migration agents in a particular field or particular visa type. Like in any profession, some migration agents are not that great. Whom you select as your registered migration agent is your decision based on several factors. We will not try to convince anyone to select us as compared to another registered migration agent. Please read our testimonials page and make a decision on your own.
What is the preferred method of contacting your consultant?
The preferred method to contact our consultant directly is by email. Please send an email to Contact@visahelpaustralia.com
What information do I need to provide in my email?
If you are planning to apply for Australian skilled migration, please let me know your:
- Your Age
- Your Bachelor’s qualification (and other degree qualifications)
- Your years of experience.
- partner’s age, qualifications and years of experience, if applicable.
- selected occupation, if you have already selected
- score in each section of English exam, if you have already written it.
If you are not applying for skilled migration, please let us know your situation, what visa you would be interested to apply and how we can help you?
Which English exams are acceptable for Australian Migration?
You can write any one of the following English exams:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – General or Academic version
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test
This is what some of our clients have said in summary about our Australian Immigration services:
- “Anna is a friend in need and an immigration agent with supreme proficiency: a reliable professional, fully confident, sincere and amicable gentleman”
- “A very personalized professional assistance…”
- “Highly knowledgeable, proactive and willing to go the extra mile to get job done”
- “I believe the visa was only granted due to the hard work and dedication Anna put into my application.”
- “His response and way of working towards queries resolutions was outstanding.”
- “I would highly recommend his service where you will be guaranteed 100% .”
- “Anna means big brother and he is one of the most trusted and honest people I have communicated with”
- “Very professional, knowledgeable and timely”
- “Dr. Anna is the best possible person you can trust…Very Professional, ethical, fast and responsive…”
- “Best Visa Advisor!!!”
- “My words cannot describe the gratitude for your services”
- “He is very thorough and professional in his approach!”
- “Anna was wonderful, helping me and my employer with my RSMS”
- “Anna has always been very approachable and patient in answering all my questions. He is very knowledgeable and a very friendly person. His approach toward the case is very honest and professional.”
- “He is a motivated and responsible person with a high degree of integrity.”
- “We could not have been more impressed with the standard and quality of your service.”
- “Looking for a guide to help you file Permanent Residency in Australia – Anna beats everyone in all aspects!!”
- “He is a very professional person whom we can trust.”
- “Anna is the most patient migration agent I have ever met.”
- “I am absolutely delighted with his professional advice and prompt response to my queries”
- “Visa help Australia is undoubtedly the best Immigration Services for Australia & Dr. Annathurai is one of the best immigration consultants”
- “I could not have imagined any other agent other than Anna to handle my case. He is very professional and extremely fast.”
- “He was extremely thorough, knowledgeable and professional every step of this process”
- “A true, genuine and honest person!!!”
- “Professional with a personal touch”
- “He is a very genuine and honest individual and I’d highly recommend Dr. Anna”
- “A trusted partner in your pursuit and a thorough Professional – He is more concerned about the timeliness on your VISA application than you would be worried about it. “
- “Anna has always delivered clear, concise, accurate, timely information and realistic options”
- “He is very professional and very honest.”
- “Anna is very professional, honest and a hard worker”
- “Anna always patiently answered all my queries…”