Dr. G. Annathurai is the Managing Director of Skilled Migration Consultants Pvt Ltd, India.
He is also the Director of Visa Help Australia Pty Ltd, Australia.
- Skilled Migration Consultants Pvt Ltd is a leading Australian immigration consultancy registered in India, providing Australian immigration and visa services.
- Visa Help Australia Pty Ltd is an Australian company specialising on Australian visas and immigration services.
- Through these companies, we have helped hundreds of people to migrate and travel to Australia.
- Whether you are looking for an Australia visa to migrate or you need to apply for an Australian visa for your partner or parents, you can be confident that Skilled Migration Consultants and Visa Help Australia have the experience and services to make the process as easy as possible.
- Our comprehensive visa and immigration services include immigration advice from registered migration agents, an exceptional success rate, document checking and visa processing. Please visit our testimonials
Anna is a highly educated professional. Following his Masters degree, he was awarded a full scholarship to pursue MPhil in Plant Breeding and Crop Improvement at the Universities of Birmingham and Reading, United Kingdom.
After completion of MPhil, he was awarded two full scholarships to pursue PhD in Plant Molecular Biology from the University of Queensland, Australia. He moved to Australia in 1996 to pursue PhD. Following his PhD, Anna worked for more than 12 years as a Research Scientist/Project Leader in Australia leading various plant molecular improvement projects. He is currently acting as the managing director of the research company – Plant Genetic Solutions Pty Ltd.
Anna has also completed a Graduate Certificate in Management from Southern Cross University, Australia, and a Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice from Griffith University, Australia.
He has won several awards, scholarships and distinctions including:
- 2010 – Norman Borlaug Impact Award by Biosciences Research Division to the Molecular Pulse Breeding team
- 2006 – H. William Kerr Award for Agriculture (Tertiary level): Awarded by Australian Society of Sugarcane Technologists
- 2005 – Smart State Fellowship: Awarded one of the three prestigious fellowships to early career researchers in Queensland – awarded by the Queensland Government.
- 1996 – Overseas Postgraduate Research Scholarship from the University of Queensland, Australia
- 1996 – The University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Australia
- 1995 – Achieved ‘First class with Distinction’ at both the Universities of Birmingham and Reading, UK
- 1994 – The Ratcliff Prize from The University of Birmingham, UK: Awarded for securing the highest mark among the postgraduate students in the Faculty of Science.
- 1993 – The Univ. of Birmingham – Overseas Development Administration (ODA) Shared Scholarship, UK
- 1993 – K. C. Mahindra Education Trust loan scholarship, India
- 1993 – A. M. M. Arunachalam – Lakshmi Achi overseas study loan scholarship, India
- 1991 – ASPEE Agricultural Research & Development Foundation Junior Fellowship in Genetics, India
- 1983 – National Scholastic Excellence Award, India: Awarded by HMT Limited, India
- 1983 – Award of Honour, India: Awarded by the Rotary Club of Karaikal
More information regarding Anna can be found in the following Link:
2009 Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice, Griffith University, Australia
2005-2007 Graduate Certificate in Management, Southern Cross University, Australia
1996-2001 PhD – Botany (Plant Molecular Biology), The University of Queensland, Australia
1994-1995 MPhil (2nd Year) – Plant Breeding & Crop Improvement, The University of Reading, UK
1993-1994 MPhil (1st Year) – Plant Breeding & Crop Improvement, The University of Birmingham, UK
1989-1991 MSc (Agriculture) – Plant Breeding & Genetics, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India
1985-1989 BSc (Agriculture), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India
Publications (*Corresponding author)
- S. Rodda, P. Kant, K. D. Lindbeck, A. Gnanasambandam, G. J. Hollaway (2015). A high-throughput glasshouse based screening method to evaluate bacterial blight resistance in field pea (Pisum sativum). Australasian Plant Pathology, 44: 515-526.
- Haobing Li, Matthew Rodda, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Mohammad Aftab, Robert Redden, Kristy Hobson, Garry Rosewarne, Michael Materne, Sukhjiwan Kaur, Anthony T. Slater (2015). Breeding for biotic stress resistance in chickpea: progress and prospects. Euphytica, 204: 257-288.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Jeff Paull, Ana Torres, Sukhjiwan Kaur, Tony Leonforte, Haobing Li, Xuxiao Zong, Tao Yang and Michael Materne* (2012). Impact of molecular technologies on faba bean (Vicia faba) breeding strategies. Agronomy, 2: 132-166.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, David J. Anderson, Edwina Mills, Brumbley SM* (2012). Heterologous C-terminal signals effectively target fluorescent fusion proteins to leaf peroxisomes in diverse plant species. Journal of Plant Physiology, 169: 830-833.
- David J. Anderson, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Graham D. Bonnett, Michael G. O’Shea, Lars K. Nielsen, Stevens M. Brumbley (2011) Synthesis of short-chain-length/medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) copolymers in peroxisomes of transgenic sugarcane plants. Tropical Plant Biology 4, 170-184.
- Michael Materne, Tony Leonforte, Kristy Hobson, Jeff Paull, Annathurai Gnanasambandam (2011). Breeding for Improvement of Cool Season Food Legumes. In: Biology and Breeding of Food Legumes (Eds. Aditya Pratap, Jitendra Kumar), pp 49-62.
- Barrie Fong Chong, Edwina Mills, Graham D. Bonnett, Annathurai Gnanasambandam (2010). Early exposure to ethylene modifies shoot development and increases sucrose accumulation rate in sugarcane. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 29: 149-163:
- Tilbrook K, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Schenk, PM, Stevens M. Brumbley (2010). Efficient targeting of polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB) biosynthetic enzymes to plant peroxisomes requires more than three amino acids in the carboxyl-terminal signal. Journal of Plant Physiology, 167: 329-332.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, David J. Anderson, Matthew P. Purnell, Lars K. Nielsen, Stevens M. Brumbley* (2008). The N-terminal presequence from F1-ATPase β-subunit of Nicotiana plumbaginifolia efficiently targets green fluorescent fusion protein to the mitochondria in diverse commercial crops. Functional Plant Biology, 35: 166-170.
- Stevens M. Brumbley, Snyman SJ, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Priya Joyce et al. (2008). Sugarcane. In: Kole C, Hall TC (eds) A Compendium of Transgenic Crop Plants. Transgenic Sugar, Tuber and Fiber Crops, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK, pp 1-58.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, Polkinghorne IG, Robert G. Birch (2007). Heterologous signals allow efficient targeting of a nuclear-encoded fusion protein to plastids and endoplasmic reticulum in diverse plant species. Plant Biotechnology Journal, 5: 290-296.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, Robert G. Birch (2006). Isolation of protoplasts and vacuoles from sugarcane suspension and stem parenchyma cells. In: Proceedings of the Australian Society of Sugarcane Technologists Volume 28 (Hogarth, D. M., ed) Mackay: ASSCT. (Republished in Sugar Cane International 24, 18–23).
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Robert G. Birch (2004). Efficient developmental mis-targeting by the sporamin NTPP vacuolar signal to plastids in young leaves of sugarcane and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Reports, 23: 435-447.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Robert G. Birch (2001). The challenge of protein targeting to the sugarcane vacuole for metabolic engineering. In: Proceedings of the International Society of Sugarcane Technologists XXIV Congress, Brisbane, September 2001, Volume II (Hogarth, D. M., ed) Mackay: ASSCT, pp.663-665.
Anna gets personal satisfaction through his migration business when he helps his clients to achieve their ambition. His passion is to provide simple and honest advice and personalised service. This is reflected in the testimonials given by his clients – Please see the testimonials page for further information.
Please note: Dr. Anna will be the registered migration consultant, who will guide you through the Australian Visa process.
“Miracle do happen and if personified, the name would be Anna!”
“My research for Australian PR started in March 2015, talking to umpteen consultants in India apart from tearing down Google. No one could instil the confidence in me that I was looking for. And then, pat on my back, come Jan 2016, courtesy my tenacity of internet research, I found Anna. After a series of long e-mails, we had our first conversation. He did mention a few facts that every one shied away saying or deliberately hid from stating earlier and as with everything else in my life, went by my instinct to sign up for the PR process in April’16.
Anna is immaculate at his work to the extent of correcting a ‘.’ and ‘-‘. No one will be blamed for complaining of him being a ‘perfectionist’ of course for all the right reasons. He has immense patience to answer all queries, however stupid they may be and believe me I had many. In case if one runs out of patience since this PR process is a long drawn affair, he can send no less than 50 quotes on ‘Patience’.
Many documents, many scans, signatures and 5 months later, the second call from Anna at 9 am confirming and congratulating on the Visa grant was a sweet nothing. Miracle do happen and if personified, the name would be Anna!
Dear Anna–heartfelt thank you from us for all your efforts, guidance and support during this entire journey. Our relation is not over yet. Planning to be in Australia this December. We have to get our parents to be with us and we are crystal clear that it would be you, once again!
Mr. Somnath, Subclass 189 visa – 2016
“A Perfect gentleman and very professional. And by the time the process is over, from a stranger, he will become your friend and the one who changed your life forever in a positive way.”
“Anna is a thorough professional. Right from the day I mailed him for the first time asking for the procedures, his responses were to the point and very clear.
He goes about the whole process very methodically, be it in terms of timelines, fees or prompt response. You can trust him with all your details and take his personal opinion as a friend. Not once, I got a mail from DIBP/IMMI asking me for additional documents or clarifications on documents that I submitted, thanks to Anna for the way he has reviewed the documents to perfection and submitted them. He doesn’t usually takes cases if he believes you are not an ideal candidate for clearing the whole process; he tells you up-front if you are an eligible candidate and once he believes that you can clear all stages of the process, if not always, more often than not you will get it. You just need be prompt in responding to his mails and give an ear to his advice; he will take care of the rest for you. A Perfect gentleman and very professional. And by the time the process is over, from a stranger, he will become your friend and the one who changed your life forever in a positive way.
I highly recommend his services for prospective PR aspirants. Meet you all in Australia.”
Mr. Sribalaji, PR VISA 189 – 2016
MARA Registered Migration Agent